Bushranger Cadets is part of the suite of extra-curricular activities offered to students at Manjimup Senior High School. This is a voluntary program for young Western Australians and is part of a broader program known as CADETS WA.
The aim is to give all secondary-aged youth the opportunity to participate in personal development training that provides practical life skills, develops leadership, teamwork and initiative skills, and fosters qualities of community, responsibility and service.
The Bushranger Cadet Unit meets every Thursday after school, from 3.30 - 5.00pm to undertake training and chart the progress of their various projects.
Bushranger cadets are involved in:
- Contributing to nature conservation through a variety of exciting hands-on projects.
- Developing first aid, bushcraft, survival and navigation skills.
- Learning about managing parks, State forest and other special places.
- Helping save threatened plant and animal species and their habitats.
- Developing leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Understanding the complex issues of land and environmental management
To find out more contact:
Mr Graeme Gibson - Unit Leader 9771 3432
Ms Helen Rose - Instructor 9771 3412